on the agenda for the October 25 meeting
The next regular meeting of the Pleasanton USD Board of Trustees will be held on Tuesday, October 25, 2011.
The agenda has been posted online (PDF) (and I have now succeeded in downloading it! Not sure if it was my internet connection causing problems, or a server problem at the district…)
The district will be recognizing teachers of the year tonight.
For report and discussion there are 3 items:
- state budget 2011-2012
- update on Pleasanton Partnerships in Education (PPIE)
- the transitional kindergarten program (a state mandate)
For possible action, there are 3 major items:
- policy about fees to be paid by developers of new construction, and possible mitigation thereof (see the meeting previewthat appeared in the Pleasanton Weekly online this morning)
- beginning the process of updating the master plan for facilities (reviewing and accepting cabinet’s recommendation to hire a consulting architectural firm, I believe)
- district goals and plan for 2011-2012 (discussed at Oct. 11 meeting, and being brought back for approval in modified form)
The end of the meeting will include a review of recent donations and approval of a personnel document.
The full board packet is also available in this PDF and includes minutes from the regular meeting of October 11 and the special meeting on October 14.
I will not be able to attend this evening, but plan to watch online.